Samuel Chukuweze emerged in a joint ninth position in the Kopa Trophy award designed for talented young players in the world, at the 2019 Ballon D’Or ceremony.
Juventus defender Matthijs De Ligt picked up the prize as Super Eagles forward Chukwueze was ranked along side South Korea and Valencia’s Lee Kang-in
England and Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho placed second while Atletico Madrid’s Joao Felix finished in third position.
READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng
Here is the final ten of the Kopa Trophy positions
1. Matthijs de Ligt (Netherlands, Ajax Amsterdam, and Juventus)
2.Jadon Sancho (England, Borussia Dortmund);
3. Joao Felix (Portugal, Benfica and Atlético de Madrid)
4. Vinicius Junior (Brazil, Real Madrid)
5. Andriy Lunin (Russia, Leganés, and Valladolid)
6. Mattéo Guendouzi (Arsenal)
6. Kai Havertz (Germany, Bayer Leverkusen)
8. Moise Kean (Italy, Juventus, and Everton)
9. Samuel Chukwueze (Nigeria, Villarreal)
9. Lee Kang-in (South Korea, Valencia)
The Barcelona talisman beat Liverpool’s Virgil Van Dijk and Juventus’ Cristiano Ronaldo to second and third respectively to win the award in 2019.
Can Nigeria U17 team win a 6th World Cup title in Brazil? | Legit TV