Ekiti confirms attack on Fayemi’s wife in Oye

– Ekiti state government has confirmed attack on Bisi Fayemi during a protest by students

– The wife of the governor was on Tuesday, September 10, attacked in Oye area of the state

– Students of FUOYE were protesting over power outage before the protest was hijacked by hoodlums

The attack on the convoy of Erelu Bisi Fayemi, the wife of the Ekiti governor, Kayode Fayemi, has been confirmed by the state government.

Legit.ng reports that the governor’s wife was attacked during a protest by students of the Federal University, Oye-Ekiti (FUOYE) on Tuesday, September 10.

The confirmation was contained in a press release posted on twitter page of Ekiti state government on Wednesday, September 11.

According to the statement, the protest which started peacefully, was later hijacked by hoodlums and escalated into violence.

“Erelu Bisi Fayemi was in Oye local government in continuation of her community engagement and advocacy tour of the state. She had commenced the Tuesday’s tour from Moba local government and had visited Ilejemeje local Government before arriving in Oye-Ekiti for the last leg of the tour.

Police react as IMN says 12 Shiite protesters were killed across Nigeria during procession

“The students had earlier in the day taken over major streets in the town, protesting against the Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC), over power outage in the area. Government was not petitioned nor alerted of this plight prior to the protest. The convoy of the wife of the governor was attacked with several vehicles vandalised, leaving many people, including journalists, with varying degrees of injuries,” the statement read.

The government, however, said that while not denying the students the right to express their grievances on any issue, it is expected that such be done without resulting to violence.

The statement read: “Ekiti state government has been informed that there might have been casualties recorded during the incident. We await more details of this sad development from the school authorities. Nothing is worth the loss of any life.

“As a responsible government, it is on record that the state government has been engaging the electricity company (BEDC) on how to improve the power situation in parts of the state, long before this unfortunate incident, and promise to continue to engage them on the improvement of their service delivery to Ekiti state.”

Rochas Okorocha opens up on his ordeal as a member of APC

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that suspected hoodlums on Tuesday, September 10, hijacked a protest by students of FUOYE and attacked Bisi Fayemi’s convoy.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better

HEART OF GOLD: Williams gets sponsor for varsity education | – on Legit TV

[embedded content]

admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Akin Alabi narrates how police forced 16-year-old boy to lie he's 19 so he can be tried as adult

Wed Sep 11 , 2019
– Ekiti state government has confirmed attack on Bisi Fayemi during a protest by students – The wife of the governor was on Tuesday, September 10, attacked in Oye area of the state – Students of FUOYE were protesting over power outage before the protest was hijacked by hoodlums The […]